Component 3: State Oversight and Monitoring with Web Based Monitoring System (WBMS)
The primary purpose of this component is to strengthen monitoring systems of GPs. Intensive web based monitoring system (WBMS) enables enhanced GP performance through regular, transparent measurement procedures. The secondary purpose is to analyse and document the changes brought about in institutional performance through independent surveys /assessments/ evaluations. The achievements under this component are;
▪ Development and institutionalization of Annual Performance Assessments (APAs) and Quality Assurance Assessment (QAA) of GPs in project universe through independent external agency.
▪ Development and roll out of web based monitoring system which enables the project management and the state to monitor GP performance through data on GP profile, Sansad profile, Gram Sabha and Gram Sansad meetings, activity wise details undertaken through block grants and mentoring support.
▪ This web-based monitoring system has also attained national level recognition through the “Skoch” Order of merit.
▪ GIS based Planning and Monitoring system has been felicitated by Skoch group for ‘Smart Governance Award’
▪ Development and rolling out of Geographic Information System (GIS) based real time monitoring system through android based mobile to track physical progress of planned and approved activities, attendance in GP level statutory meetings and dynamic query based data from web based monitoring system can be viewed spatially and is seamlessly viewable globally.
▪ Development of web-based Management Information System for training related activities undertaken by Society for Training & Research on Panchayats and Rural Development (STARPARD) to provide detailed information pertaining to GP employees and elected representatives, course modules and duration and training feedback to be used for planning and executing training programs for both these categories of trainees.
▪ The project has commissioned several external assessments to review and evaluate the implantation strategies, address gap areas and influence policy discourse.
More ISGP topics available here.