Component 4: Project Management and Project Communication
Strengthening issues and increase citizen awareness on functions and service delivery of GPs. The achievements under project management and project communication are: –
▪ Dissemination of awareness messages on social and institutional issues related to birth and death registration, significance of people’s participation in Gram Sansad meetings, issues pertaining to vulnerable groups, resource mobilization, solid waste management through street plays, wall writing, brochures, leaflets pamphlets and hoardings.
▪ Compilation of forty best practices in project GPs in Anuprerna and dissemination across all gram panchayats of West Bengal.
▪ Coffee Table Book was inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister Smt. Mamata Banerjee which was a compilation of 26 success stories of project GPs distributed across the Project universe.
▪ Publication of bi-lingual (English and Bengali) monthly newsletter “Gram and quarterly periodical “Ankur” and circulation amongst all GPs and departments of Government of West Bengal, other states and GOI. These contain insightful reflections on a gamut of social issues and feedback of GP functionaries on the project.
▪ Airing of TV and radio spots on ISGP project, participation in Gram Sansad meetings, own source resource mobilization, citizen’s responsibility towards paying taxes, birth and death registration solid waste management and web monitoring system & GIS. These TVCs were also aired in local cable TV channels network in all 9 project districts to ensure greater message penetration to households of district’s population accessing cable TV networks as well thereby guaranteeing blanket coverage of messages on audience.
▪ ISGPP project documentary focusing on establishment of ISGPP as a unique project, its objectives, components and contributions impacting GP functions and performance vis-à-vis enhanced quality of life in the project districts has been developed.
▪ ISGPP’s digital media campaign encompasses a broad spectrum of social media and online platform viz. Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and WordPress blog and Instagram.
To read more about ISGP go here.