NREGA Work Demand Form Entry Automation – Overview
National Informatics Centre (NIC), Delhi, the developer and maintainer of NREGA online MIS Software is always changing the entry forms in the portal. None of the changes has done any good for us. All the changes have done some bad for us. The ...
National Informatics Centre (NIC), Delhi, the developer and maintainer of NREGA online MIS Software is always changing the entry forms in the portal. None of the changes has done any good for us. All the changes have done some bad for us. The biggest volume of entry we have to do on regular basis is the work demand entry i.e. form 4A entry. Our biggest challenge is, that the data entry modules on nrega portal is the least user friendly. From my experience I can say that the data entry forms on nrega portal are the worst in the world. We are those talented persons who have gained expertise in entering data in those forms with so much efficiency. So, here I am presenting NREGA work demand form entry automation overview.
It was since the death of Fast Track Data Entry in NGRGA Offline Software, there was huge demand from all my circles to do something to make the work demand entry easy. When the demand entry was first started in offline software, then I have developed a modified demand entry module replacing the default one. Unfortunately then I don’t know anything about blog/website like this one. Then the whole thing was shifted to online and customising the package was beyond my reach.
But still some keep urging to do something regarding the demand entry. Here I must acknowledge the inspiration of Mr. Suman Bose (VLE) who always keep poking me about the development in 4A entry. I always told him that its impossible to do anything as I don’t have the server access. But Suman keeps telling me, “I know that, if a little bit can be done, it can only be done by you..so think about that a bit.” May be, this was the reason I started thinking something impossible.
Entering 4A forms was the most boring work for me. Then came the problem of not saving field values. It was a problem that everyone saw. Behind that there were many problems. Numerous unnecessary post-backs and submission was created on the page. For example after entering the number of days, the date to filed was populating automatically, but the date to field was not getting the focus. The result was if we press the Tab key the focus would goto the village selector. Increasing a single keystroke can be huge as we have average target of 4-5 thousand demand entry. My search began here. How to keep those dates and prevent the post-backs? Also I have the article for KEEPING NREGA DEMAND ENTRY DATES you can check it for reference.
Here what is happening in short :
- When the page is loading all the Date From/ No of Days / Date To fields are filled automatically. You have to set/change it as per the scheme.
- The “Tab” key on the keyboard is registered to get the focus/select the Registration Id drop-down.
- “A”, “S”, “D”, “F”, “G”, “H” keys has been registered to put “Date of Application” on applicant 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 repectively.
- “Q” key has been registered to clear all “Date of Application” at once.
- “Enter” keys (both) has been registered to click on the “Proceed..” button when pressed.
What am doing in the video..
- Opening the work demand entry page. Selecting the village.
- Pressing “Tab” to go to the job card selector and typing the reg no (last digits).
- Pressing A/S/D/F/G/H as per applicant to put the Date of Application field.
- Pressing Q if step 3 is wrong.
- Pressing “Enter” to proceed.
Another article has been published on how to do those things in your computer. You can read it here.