- Go to the java download page.
- Click on Windows Online
- The File Download dialog box appears prompting you to run or save the download file
- To run the installer, click Run.
- To save the file for later installation, click Save.
Choose the folder location and save the file to your local system.
Tip: Save the file to a known location on your computer, for example, to your desktop.
Double-click on the saved file to start the installation process.
- The installation process starts. Click the Install button to accept the license terms and to continue with the installation.
- Oracle has partnered with companies that offer various products. The installer may present you with option to install these programs when you install Java. After ensuring that the desired programs are selected, click the Next button to continue the installation.
- A few brief dialogs confirm the last steps of the installation process; click Close on the last dialog. This will complete Java installation process.
- Detect older versions (8u20 and later versions). Starting with Java 8 Update 20 (8u20), on Windows systems, the Java Uninstall Tool is integrated with the installer to provide an option to remove older versions of Java from the system. The change is applicable to 32 bit and 64 bit Windows platforms.
Notifications about disabled Java and restoring prompts
The installer notifies you if Java content is disabled in web browsers, and provides instructions for enabling it. If you previously chose to hide some of the security prompts for applets and Java Web Start applications, the installer provides an option for restoring the prompts. The installer may ask you to reboot your computer if you chose not to restart an internet browser when it prompted you to do so.
NOTE: You may need to restart (close and re-open) your browser to enable the Java installation in your browser.